Inspired by The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook by Sharon Kramis & Julie Kramis Hearne
Ginger Glazed Carrots
- 1.5 pounds of carrots, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled with the tip of a spoon
- 2 Tbspn of raw honey
- 1 Tbspn of fresh chopped parsley
- Put the carrots, water, butter, ginger and honey in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, reduce the heat to medium low, simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until the carrots are tender and the liquid becomes like a butter sauce.
- Season with sea salt, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately